- Facilitate and attend monthly PaceSetters board of directors (PS BOD) meetings, held first Monday of every month. (Meeting 12 times per year.)
- Email PS BOD meeting agenda week prior to the meeting. See prior year agendas for what needs to be discussed and when.
- Facilitate and attend quarterly executive (elected officials) PS BOD meetings. (This is an approximate meeting frequency, as needs dictate.)
- Attend year-end review meeting with all major PS sponsors. Currently, FCM is the only major sponsor, through giving PS $5,000 per year. (Meeting once per year.)
- Be active on all PS social media platforms, not necessarily through posting but to be informed of activity.
- All general inquiry emails that arrive through the PS website are routed through the President’s email address. These emails need to be filtered and redirected as appropriate. Approx 2-3 emails received per day, depending on time of year (summer is normally more busy due to “race season”)
- As President, you also hold a seat on the FCM BOD. Attendance at FCM BOD meetings is required once per month. (Meeting 12 times per year.)
- As President, you must be highly organized and engaged with all aspects of the club. There are many “little things” from emails and texts, to phone calls that you will be doing. The more organized you are, the easier the job is. It is not a requirement that the President attend all PS club activities (monthly fun runs, summer training runs) but it is important to be in the loop and informed on what takes place at these activities.
Typical activities for the president during the year are:
- February: attend PS Volunteer Party and thank volunteers. PS BOD chair of volunteers should MC this event. (Meeting once per year.)
- April: Facilitate and attend FCM training run planning meeting. This meeting is held with the RD of FCM, the marketing firm for FCM (currently Red Shoes), the PS BOD chair of the summer training runs and PS BOD chair of the PS Pace Group. (Meeting once per year.)
- April: Email request to FCM RD; 2 tent rentals (start/finish line tents), 2 long tables and lights in start tent, 4 round tables/chairs and metal fencing at finish tent
- August: Email Bergstrom-Maller Museum to request front lawn rental for finish tent.
- September (for FCM Race Weekend): request generator and snow fencing from RAS for start tent and pick up on Sat of race weekend, start tent set-up, positioning of porta potties, installation of snow fencing and attend prerace pasta dinner. Postrace: return to start tent and dismantle fencing/pick up generator and return to RAS. See prior year FCM race weekend instructions.
- October: Facilitate and attend the FCM postrace meeting. This meeting is held with the RD of FCM, PS BOD chair of the summer training runs and the PS BOD chair of the PS Pace Group. (Meeting once per year.)
- December: Emcee the PS Christmas Party and make year-end recap to members. (Meeting once per year.)
- Facilitate, if the President is unable to, and attend monthly PS BOD meetings, held first Monday of every month. (Meeting 12 times per year.)
- Attend quarterly executive (elected officials) PS BOD meetings. (This is an approximate meeting frequency, as needs dictate.)
- Provide additional support to the Fox Cities Marathon Training Runs if the training coordinator requests it.
- Coordinate apparel or merchandise for the club. This includes working with a graphic artist to design the art work, finding a vendor to produce the apparel/merchandise and managing the ordering, payment and distribution of apparel/merchandise to members.
- FCM Race Weekend: Assist the president with coordinating the food for the pre-pasta dinner.
- Create a slide show of our members throughout the year for the PS Christmas Party. (Meeting once per year.)
- Attend PS Volunteer Party and thank volunteers. (Meeting once per year.)
- Be active on all PS social media platforms, answering questions and alerting members of upcoming activities.